Friday 27 August 2010

I've just bought my first western from W H Smith in what must be about twenty years - it's been that long since Smith's have had westerns on their shelves. They still don't but their eBook store stacks a fair selection of westerns, as do most eBook stores, which is where I picked up this copy of The Seachers (always wanted to read the original novel) for the paltry price of £2.24. A bargain.


You know these eBooks just may be the saviour of mid-list fiction. Gone are the days when mid-list fiction wasn't even an option when visiting most book stores. I counted over 200 westerns in W H Smith's electronic store and there were more if I'd kept looking. Quite a choice of oaters there - almost like the old days when the genre was well represented.

2 comments:

Nik Morton said...

Good point, Gary. E-books will bring a lot of so-called forgotten books to the public. Maybe not in their thousands, but enough to make it viable. You can read my review of The Searchers in my blog, where I compare the book to the film. Let's compare notes!

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

Nik I'm going to start The Searchers this weekend. I read your review and I'm very much looking forward to the eBook.

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...