Friday 2 April 2010

NEWSY ITEM

It was great to appear on BBC radio promoting not only my own books but the western in general. Before I'd gone in I'd made a list of the points I wanted to make and I was quite prepared for the presenter, the wonderful Roy Noble to treat the western genre as somehow inferior to other forms of fiction, but not at all. Roy was genuinely interested and holds a love for the genre himself. The entire 9 minute interview can be listened to below.

And now some more exciting news -as a result of today's show, I am currently working with an independent producer for a radio documentary that looks at the Welsh Jack the Ripper connection which is the basis for my forthcoming novel, A Policeman's Lot. We'll be travelling around Pontypridd, chewing the fat as we go while we present a new angle to this one hundred and twenty odd year old mystery.

It's all very exciting. An entire show to myself!

There's been a lot happening recently, which is why the Archive's not been as chatty as usual. But rest assured it'll pretty much be business as usual around here from now on.

4 comments:

Laurie Powers said...

All of us western fans appreciate the plug you put in for westerns in general. It was a good interview.

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

Thank you Laurie - I just wish I could have mentioned everyone at the BHW stable but I maybe in the six hour directors cut. Ahh well the documentary next - star with the researcher this Tuesday.

Evan Lewis said...

Great interview, Gary. The world knows you a little better now. You sound just like Clint Eastwood would have if he'd been raised in Wales.

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

LOL Evan - I think Clint based his persona on me, or something like that. Make my day

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...