Thursday 8 April 2010

Cowboys and Aliens

Harrison Ford has now been confirmed to star alongside Daniel Craig in Speilberg's SF Western, Cowboys and Aliens - looking forward to this one. Part of this movie will be shot in the UK and I'm begging my agent to get me on it - I'll even play a tumbleweed if it means I get to strut up and down a western set.

Indiana Jones and James Bond will be fighting aliens together next summer. Harrison Ford is joining already announced star Daniel Craig for Cowboys and Aliens, which will be directed by Jon Favreau and produced by Speilberg.

The movie, which given Speilberg's involvement will the most high profile western in years, takes place in the Wild West, but not the one we’re used to seeing on screen. When space aliens invade Arizona, it’s up to the cowboys and the Apache tribe to team up and save the planet from enslavement.

3 comments:

John Sinclair said...

There was a great DC giant back in the day with the same title: I remember going mad trying to get it after seeing the ad. It had a fab Adams cover of a cowboy on his knees watching an enormous spaceship landing.
The image haunted my dreams for years, and I finally saw it - twenty-five years later - in Forbidden Planet in London. Unfortunately it was 20 quid,and i was skint so I didn't get it.
Found out later that it was all reprints from Strange Adventures and that, but boy, did I ever want it!
Hey, if you do get on the film, lemme know which agent got it for you. I REALLY would love to get in on it too! I wonder if they want any Mexican-types? ; )

BTW: speaking of big genre movies, another of my favourite books, 'John Carter of Mars' is also currently under production over here. As we both know, the travelling mangle-wurzel, Simon Challis, is in it. Bastard!
Not too sure how accurate to the book it's gonna be though: he says he's playing a 'Cornish mine-worker'. Don't recall any of those in the book.....

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

Challo shouldn't be in a film intended for family viewing. LOL

Charles Gramlich said...

Seems a logical sequel for Spielberg to the last Indiana Jones movie.

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...