Tuesday 16 June 2009

Filming

The Archive's been quiet because one again I've been on a film set, filming the third series of Larkrise to Candleford - another long day but what glorious weather.

The second show of the Tainted Archive radio, otherwise known as The Tainted Podcast can be listened to on Itunes or direct HERE.

It will go live on the Tainted Archive sidebar player later this week.

Give this new venture a listen.

When I turned up on set today all I could see were copies of Tarnished Star - it seems nearly everyone went out and got a copy. I spent an hour, feeling really famous, sticking my signature on books. It's great that so many people have taken a leap of faith in supporting my debut novel and even better to get so many positive remarks about the work. Which is after all a first novel and must be a nerve racking time for any writer when his/her baby goes out into the cruel world.


Course the fact that I've just stuck a copy in a packet to send to my all time western writing hero, George Gilman is a bonus. Terry/George doesn't usually read westerns but has promised to read this one so it gives me a kick to think that Edge's daddy will be reading Tarnished Star. Now I wonder what that half-breed with the cut throat razor would think about that?



Anyway folks normal service will resume after I've slept a little.

5 comments:

Shauna Roberts said...

Your book arrived in my mailbox today! I probably won't have time to read it until after the Clarion Workshop, but be assured it will be near the top of the pile for when I get home.

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

Shauna thanks for your support.

Barbara Martin said...

I'm doing a post series on Sam Steele of the North West Mounted Police on Mondays for My Town Monday that should last for the next couple of weeks. I'm giving you a heads-up for the western info to be provided.

Charles Gramlich said...

Quite a coup to get Gilman to read it. I ordered my copy today actually.

Randy Johnson said...

Congrats on Gilman. The Edge series was a favorite of mine as well. Here in the states they stopped doing them about-49 I believe- darn it. I read the six ebooks years ago, but would someday like to find thosse missing twelve.

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...