Sunday 5 April 2009

NEW FICTION ONLINE

The Way to a Man's Heart is a curious story for me. I was never sure if it was comedy, horror, noir or what. It was originally going to be published on Beat to a Pulp but after a rewrite it clashed with two other stories the webzine had in the works and so, David Cramer reluctantly suggested I try another webzine for it. Still, unsure of the story, I sent it to A Twist of Noir and got this response.

Gary,

THE WAY TO A MAN'S HEART is now up at A Twist Of Noir.

I think the outstanding thing about this story is, while it's about
cannibalism as a last resort, it's funny as hell.

Nothing wrong with a comedic noir or crime story.

I think my favorite line is how Rose came at Stanley "like junk mail".
Cracked me up good.

Excellent story and I think you'll get a great response from the readers.

Christopher


Anyway, the story's up so take a look HERE

Let me know what you think.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

A gruesome helping of black humor, Gary! I think David was right, insofar as it shares coincidental echoes with Ray's story, In an English Country Garden. Now don't either of you transfer your ghouls to the Old West. They won't go down well in a Black Horse Western, not even with a large slug of redeye!

Charles Gramlich said...

Cool! I'll check it out.

Paul D Brazill said...

tasty!

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...