Friday 13 March 2009

Back in front of the camera

Have just landed one of the lead roles in a short movie that will be shown around the film festivals and hopefully taken to Cannes. I've just come back from rehearsals and we start filming this Tuesday evening at 11pm and going on till 4am - we should wrap on Thursday night.

Tuesday will be the killer because I'm also filming the BBC's Casualty, playing a businessman for one scene in the hospital, that day with, I think, a 7am start. So that's 7am till 7pm and then an hour drive home and then back on set for 11pm till 4am for the short. Mind you I'll sleep all day Wednesday.

In the short I play a character called Dennis who is obsessive about his ten pin bowling - he's also got a dark secret that he's kept from his new wife and there's plenty of scope for some good character stuff. Tonights rehearsals mainly centered on a scene where Dennis and his new wife are kissing and Dennis notices his long dark secret coming towards them. We did that about forty times till it felt right - not bad work, if you can get it!

So if the blog entries are less than usual for the first part of next week then you'll understand why.

10 comments:

David Cranmer said...

Congrats on the part and be careful driving home the following morning.

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

I'll be fine, mate. That's one of the bonus points - the bowling alley we're filming in is like two miles from my home.

Jeff Smith said...

Congrats! I used to work for Peter Sherayko doing westerns only. It was fun but he isn't, lol. I prefer behind the scenes work myself. My dream is to be technical adviser for a Soapy Smith film directed by Speilberg...hey, I said it was a dream.

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

well if you get it off the ground and you want a welsh soapy give me a ring

Jo Walpole said...

If you get to go to Cannes to promote it can I carry your suitcase? I LOVE Cannes and I haven't been for ages so I'm overdue a visit. :-)

G. B. Miller said...

My congrats to you as well.

Good luck at burning the candle at both ends.

Charles Gramlich said...

Cool. Sounds like both fun and a lot of work. Do I say, "break a leg?"

I.J. Parnham said...

An obsessive ten-pin bowler with a dark secret... sounds fun.

mybillcrider said...

Congratulations on the new role!

Steve M said...

Congratulations on getting the part. Sounds like an interesting little film.

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...