Friday 24 October 2008

HARD CASE CRIME AUTHOR INTERVIEW


HARD CASE CRIME are a publishing house as much known for the style of their books as for the gritty stories they publish. Each and every book is a work of art that nods back to the glory years of pulp crime fiction. I buy Hard Case books because I love this publisher and I can't think of another instance where the publisher rather than the author or storyline is the deciding factor in purchase.

They publish some big writers:
Stephen King
Max Allen Collins
Lawrance Block
ED Mcbain
Erle Stanley Gardner
(to name but a few)

As well as republishing long out of print classics.

The video embedded below features an extract of an interesting interview with the man most responsible for the Hard Case imprint.

**********************************************************************************








The full interview can be heard here

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I'm definitely going to have to look into their books. I like their covers and the intent of them, but I haven't seen a lot of these on the regular shelves at bookstores.

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

No they are not so easy to find. I've bought a couple in store but most of mine come from online stores like Amazon. I believe the Stephen King one is widely available in store.

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...