Friday 5 September 2008

Photography

Photography is something of a hobby of mine and my favourite style is landscapes. I'm always snapping away when I walk the dog and so this is a little video I've posted on You Tube to show some of my pics - I call it We'll Keep A Welcome... - Hopefully it shows the beauty of South Wales.....




The photographs were all taken with a Samsung Pro 815 bridge camera. I have several cameras but this is my favourite because it's so versatile and can give compact convenience with SLR quality. The music is from the voice of the valleys male voice choir.

3 comments:

David Cranmer said...

Great shots of South Wales and my wife and I are talking about upgrading our camera. The Samsung Pro 815 may be the ticket... Great minds think alike. I was working on a short post on Jeremy Brett's Sherlock Holmes when I saw your Boyhood Idols-Sherlock Holmes and decided to hold off a bit before I post it. I discovered Holmes in the exact same way. Rathbone and then the original books and then Brett. Next up is Robert Downey Jr. and I'm thinking he may become the definitive Holmes to a new generation. Anyway, I'm rambling, great posts.

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

Yeah - the anticipation for the new Holmes is great - I'm dubious but fingers crossed. Downey is a superb actor at least.

Yeah the Samsung pro 825 is great and dropping in price. The lens is terrific and the body build quite solid.

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

isn't guy ritchie directing though? That in itself is worrying.

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...