Wednesday 17 September 2008

DO BLOG REVIEWS MAKE YOU BUY BOOKS?



They certainly do with me and after spending an afternoon browsing the various book review blogs I sped off to my local Borders and came away with two novels by a couple of Irish authors.

First up I got Tana French's In The Woods which seems to be a thriller involving dark secrets from the past coming to haunt the present. It was a debut novel which took the mystery/crime scene by storm and won a clutch of awards.


And secondly I got Ken Buen's The Guards which is the first novel to feature the author's series PI, Jack Tanner.

Both these books were reviewed highly, and both writers are new to me, so I'm looking forward to tackling them. Trouble is my "TO READ" pile is now some thirty books high which should last me till at the very least Christmas.


And besides that I've got to finish the first draft of a new Jack Martin western, this one to be called Arkansas Smith and I can't find time to fit in a shower. And so from this very smelly blogger it's over and out.


Will have to cut down on the blog browsing.

No comments:

VAPING IS SAFER THAN BREATHING

 The UK's new tax on vaping which will come into force in 2026 is not only immoral but patently insane, and will hit those reformed smok...